My colleague’s wedding at Honnavar (Ravi’s wedding).

Day 1: April 27, 2007
With fiscal quarter ending at work none of the team members were ready to attend the marriage. What a pity on that part. So I decided to represent my team and also did not want to miss the opportunity to wish him all the best on the day where he starts a new part of life. With no better reason required to put up a ride, I decided to go ahead to Honnavar via Mangalore, also a solo ride after quite a while.

Had packed all the necessary things the previous day and had dumped the entire luggage in my friend’s room. Soon after working ending at 11 pm, I rushed to my friend’s room and freshened myself and got going. Fueled up at the Shell petrol bunk Yeswanthpur and was ready to hit highway at 11.30 pm.

The cool breeze of the night was very soothing, was consistently doing speeds close to 100 kmph. Reached Hassan in a real breeze, the roads are simply awesome even though the highway is a 2 – lane highway. Reached Donigal at around 2.30 am, stopped over for a cup of tea and also not to mention, a break to answer nature’s call. Reached Mangalore and took the deviation towards Udupi, roads being pretty ok and quite dusty, ensured I made a little slow progress. Reached Kundapur at 7.45 am and now feeling tired; I wanted to rest for a couple hours. Checked with the nearest hotel, only to find that the rooms were already booked, but would only be occupied in the evening. I somehow persuaded the receptionist there and promised that I would vacate the room by max 2 pm. So the room rent now was only 40% of its tariff for the duration. Dumped the luggage, had breakfast and slept for until 12.30 pm. Took bath, had lunch and now ready to move, I left the place by 1.30 pm.

Day 2: April 28, 2007
The next place to visit enroute was Maravanthe beach. More on the place now, Maravanthe is a beach near Kundapura, Karnataka, India. It is 50 kilometers from Udupi. The national highway NH-17 passes close to this beach (around 100 meters from the shore) and a stretch of a kilometer of this highway is flanked by the seashore of Arabian Sea on one side and the Sauparnika River on the other.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maravanthe

Spend about close to 30 mins in the hot sun and the breeze. Continued riding towards Murudeshwar. Reached Murudeshwar at 4 pm not before riding along with a Santro, who wanted to always out run me with 5 people onboard. Poor guy could not out run me.

Dumped the luggage at the cloak room, visited the temple and headed straight to the beach after having a cup of coffee. Happy hour clicking the photos of the sunset and the beach. Left Murudeshwar at 6.45 pm and reached Honnavar at 7 pm. Checked into the Kamat Lodge, but this time, 3 bed AC room just for me. Called up Ravi to check where he was, soon went and met him and stayed with him till 9.30 pm and then returned back to the room. Had dinner and it was time to Zzzzzzzz.

Day 3: April 29, 2007
Got up early, and got ready as I wanted to visit Idugunji temple. Visited the temple and came to the room, freshened up and headed straight to the Wedding hall. The rest of the day spent at the wedding.

After bidding bye to Ravi and his better half, started my ride back to Bangalore. I wanted this ride to be more of an endurance ride. So decided to ride back to Bangalore with no major breaks in between.

Started from Honnavar at 3.30 after refueling, took first break at the Sharavathi Valley view point to click a couple of snaps. Rode non stop till almost Arasikere to answer nature’s call. All in all, the breaks could total to a max of 15 mins. Reached home by 10.05 pm. Now I had ridden for 462 kms in about 6 hours and 30 mins, including breaks totaling to 15 mins. (462 kms in 380 minutes, not bad I thought)

Pics @ http://picasaweb.google.com/n.krishna.p/HonnavarRaviSWedding

No comments: